Friday October 16 2009
Sixth Street Community Center
638 East Sixth Street (between Avenues B & C)
Free, but attendees will be asked to donate a few bucks to help pay for the space rental
The NYC collective of Radical Reference will host a "people's university" style salon to discuss the Google Books Settlement.
Participants will be strongly encouraged to sign up to read one of the articles posted below, and be prepared to report on it at the meeting. See the bibliography from the OCLC salon discussion we held in January for an example of how this works.
- Please add items you think people should read ahead of time.
- Please keep them in anti-chronological order.
- Feel free, encouraged even, to provide some annotation.
- Please volunteer to summarize one item for the group at the salon by putting your name after it in parentheses, like this: (Farfel)
- If you can't/don't want to edit the page to add a citation or claim an article, just say what you want in a comment.